THE GIRL SET FREE GUIDE TO CARING FOR FAIRTRADE CLOTHING
With hand woven fabrics, slubs and irregularities occur naturally, and care should be taken to avoid snagging. Spot clean only.
For all of our hand knitted garments we recommend hand washing to retain the shape and appearance of your garment
Please follow the steps below to hand wash your hand knitted garment. Use a non-biological delicate detergent like to avoid color loss and the use of harsh chemicals.
- Turn the garment inside out and wash the garment by hand in lukewarm to cool water. Gently agitate the knitted garment to clean. Do not soak, wring or rub too hard.
- Rinse using fresh cold water. Repeat until the water is free of soap suds.
- Remove excess water by squeezing carefully and then wrap in a clean towel and press gently. Alternatively a gentle short spin is acceptable.
- Do not tumble dry as it is liable to cause felting and shrinkage.
- Reshape the garment and dry flat on a towel, away from direct heat and sunlight.
- If required iron your garment using the wool setting as stated on the care label.
- Store folded, not on hangers, to avoid stretching out on a hanger.